||Graduate Assistant-Club Sports and Intramurals
|Hours & Wages
- $9,900 for 600 hours (300 hours per semester; approximately 20 hours per week)
- Compensation can be given at 50% scholarship/ 50% stipend or 60% scholarship/ 40% stipend
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates must be enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program at Loyola University Maryland. Graduate programs are listed at: http://www.loyola.edu/graduate.aspx
- Ability to begin work prior to or at the start of the department’s fall training in mid-August
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge about various college student experiences and challenges
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate students
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitive information
- General sports background and knowledge
- Supervisory experience
- General knowledge in the areas of Recreational Sports, Club Sports and Intramural Sports management and programing and officiating
- Experience working with students, faculty, and teams
- Assist the Assistant Director of Recreational Sports, Club Sports and Intramurals, in the organization and administration of both programs.
- Assist with the Club Sports program:
- Work directly with the Club Sports officers to coordinate events, travel and the scheduling of games and practices
- Assist the Club Sport Athletic Trainer on the collection and tracking of all required student-athlete paperwork
- Supervise and manage weekend and evening club sport activities
- Assist with the Intramural Sports program:
- Assist with managing the Intramural Staff by helping to recruit, train, supervise and evaluate officials and supervisors
- Assist in the planning and execution of staff and captains’ meetings
- Create and communicate staff work schedules, and track subs via email
- Assist with the planning, promoting and administrating all Intramural Sports events including leagues, tournaments and playoff schedules
- Monitor weather and field conditions and assist with determining cancellations
- Officiate or supervising when needed
- Help supervise the Club Sport/Intramural Coordinator
- Establish and maintain regular office hours
- In addition to office hours, night and weekend work will be required
- Assist with special events for the department.
- Perform additional duties in support of the department and as requested by the primary supervisor or other department administrator or director.
- Maintain current First Aid, CPR, and AED certification for the professional rescuer.
Submit cover letter and current resume including names and phone numbers of no less than three references to: Taylor Tully, Assistant Director of Recreational Sports, Loyola University Maryland, Fitness & Aquatic Center, 4501 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: For best consideration please submit application materials by Wednesday, April 16th, 2014.
Graduate Assistant Employment Application