||Graduate Assistant-Outdoor Adventures
|Hours & Wages
- $4,950 for 300 hours (spring semester 2016; 20 hours per week)
- Compensation can be given at 50% scholarship/ 50% stipend or 60% scholarship/ 40% stipend
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates must be enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program at Loyola University Maryland. Graduate programs are listed at: http://www.loyola.edu/graduate.aspx
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Previous experience in outdoor programming, experiential learning/ education, and/or leadership training programs.
- Knowledge and experience in team building, backpacking, caving, climbing, whitewater kayaking, sea kayaking, and/or canoeing.
- Current Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid.
- Ability to begin work January-2016 to May-2016.
||• Provide logistical support to the Assistant Director of Recreational Sports, Outdoor Adventures and Associate Director of Recreational Sports, Programs and Assessment.
• Assist with the supervision of students employees and/or volunteers.
• Provide assistance with the marketing of outdoor programming, including print materials, on campus and digital advertisement, and social media.
• Participate in outdoor skills trainings with the opportunity to co-lead trainings depending on experience and skill level.
• Establish and maintain regular office hours.
• In addition to office hours, night and weekend work may be required.
• Assist with special events for the department.
• Perform additional duties in support of the department and as requested by the primary supervisor or other department administrator or director.
• Maintain current First Aid, CPR, and AED certification for the professional rescuer.
Submit letter of application and current resume, including the names and phone numbers of no less than three references to Kristin Newland, Assistant Director of Recreational Sports at:
- firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Loyola University Maryland, Fitness & Aquatic Center, 4501 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210,
Graduate Assistant Employment Application