||Graduate Assistant-Outdoor Adventures
|Hours & Wages
- $9,900 for 600 hours (300 hours per semester; 20 hours per week)
- Compensation can be given at 50% scholarship/ 50% stipend or 60% scholarship/ 40% stipend
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates must be enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program at Loyola University Maryland. Graduate programs are listed at: http://www.loyola.edu/graduate.aspx
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Previous experience in outdoor programming, experiential learning/ education, and/or leadership training programs.
- Knowledge and experience in team building, backpacking, caving, climbing, whitewater kayaking, sea kayaking, and/or canoeing.
- Current Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid.
- Ability to begin work August 11, 2014. We will also consider candidates who are available to begin August 25, 2014.
- Provide logistical support to the Assistant Director of Recreational Sports, Outdoor Adventures and Associate Director of Recreational Sports, Programs and Assessment that will include both office work as well as days in the field.
- Assist with the supervision of 30 volunteer trip leaders and 25 paid student employees working with Outdoor Adventures.
- Provide assistance with the marketing of all outdoor programming, including print materials, on campus and digital advertisement, and social media.
- Participate in outdoor skills trainings with the opportunity to co-lead trainings depending on experience and skill level.
- Establish and maintain regular office hours.
- In addition to office hours, night and weekend work will be required.
- Assist with special events for the department.
- Perform additional duties in support of the department and as requested by the primary supervisor or other department administrator or director.
- Maintain current First Aid, CPR, and AED certification for the professional rescuer.
Submit letter of application and current resume, including the names and phone numbers of no less than three references to Kristin Newland, Assistant Director of Recreational Sports at:
- email@example.com OR
- Loyola University Maryland, Fitness & Aquatic Center, 4501 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210,
Graduate Assistant Employment Application