||Student Activities |
|Hours & Wages
20 hours per week (including nights and weekends)
$12,500 stipend per academic year, which includes payment for 6 credits per semester and remaining amount paid as a bi-weekly stipend.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program at Loyola University Maryland.
- Applicants with previous experience in extracurricular activities, strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and experience working with students are desired.
- Establish and maintain regular office hours. In addition to office hours, some night and weekend work will be required.
- Provide assistance to the Assistant Director for the Late Night and Coffeehouse programs. Tasks to include:
- Updating weekly flyers for Late Night programs, coordinating the copying and dissemination of flyers to various offices and locations around campus;
- Develop digital signage templates for the late night flyer events to be posted via AxisTV, and populate templates with information on late night events as necessary;
- Interact with the Greyhound student newspaper to keep them updated on upcoming events on and off campus;
- Provide information to Newshound for inclusion of upcoming events; and
- Coordinate with various offices around campus to highlight upcoming events during the Late Night time frame.
- Plan and execute Late Night/Coffeehouse events when necessary, including but not limited to:
- Securing transportation to and from event; ordering tickets; organizing a ticket sign-up sheet; and publicizing the event.
- Provide assistance with the maintenance and updating of various social media tools used by the office including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., including:
- Working with the work study students and office administration to take/gather photos from events and posting them on a weekly basis on the various social media outlets; and
- Developing content to be used to update the various media outlet timelines/streams with relevant and current information on programs.
- Provide coverage at designated social events throughout the school year, which are assigned by virtue of the nature of events planned by the office of student activities. Such events include:
- Family Weekend (last weekend in September)
- Late Night programs (as scheduled and sponsored)
- Senior Class Socials (Every 50 days or so starting after the second week of classes in the fall)
- Other events TBD
- Provide assistance to the Assistant Director for clubs and organizations, on an as needed basis, with the implementation of leadership development programs for club leaders throughout the year.
- Provide support to the Office Assistant and Office Manager in the daily operations of the office, such as:
- Staffing the front desk, answering phones, fielding questions on programs from students and parent, and general office administration
- Provide assistance in the implementation of assessment mechanisms for student activities to measure achievements in meeting the defined learning outcomes at an office level.
- Participate in strategic planning of office initiatives through departmental staff meetings and planning sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Associate Director, and Assistant Director(s) of student activities.
- Reports to: Assistant Director for Late Night and SuperFans (full-time)
Kate Grubb Clark, Interim Associate Director of Student Activities
Graduate Assistant Employment Application