- What internet browsers are supported by SharePoint?
- My Team Sites look different. What changed?
- Where is the 'Site Actions' menu?
- How can I find out who else has access to a team site?
- How do I sign out of Inside Loyola?
- How do I upload a document?
- How do I open and edit a shared document?
- I am editing a document in the browser using the Office Web App. How do I return to the team site?
1. What internet browsers are supported by SharePoint?
SharePoint supports several commonly used web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari. However certain web browsers could cause some SharePoint functionality to be downgraded, limited, or available only through alternative steps. Internet Explorer is the recommended browser for the best functionality.
2. My Team Sites look different. What changed?
The My Team Sites web part displays all of the team sites you are a member of by category. The two differences are: (1) the team sites categories are slightly different and (2) you cannot collapse and hide the team sites by category.
The new team site categories are: Committees, Departments, Clubs and Organizations, and Other
To report any issues with the Team Sites that are displaying or how they are organized, please submit a ticket online or call the OTS Help Center at x5555.
3. Where is the ‘Site Actions’ menu?
The menu known as Site Actions in the previous version of SharePoint has moved to the top-right corner of the screen. It's represented by the "gear" icon and is now referred to as Settings.
4. How can I find out who else has access to a team site?
To see who else is able to access a particular site, enter the team site, click on the gear icon in the upper right menu, then click on Shared with. This will show you a list of every member of that site.
5. How do I sign out of Inside Loyola?
To sign out of Inside Loyola, close the browser window or click on the menu where your name is displayed in the upper right, click Sign Out, then close the browser.
6. How do I upload a document?
From your team site, click on a document library in the quick launch menu on the left.
- From the ribbon menu, click on the Files tab.
- Select Upload Document.
- Click Browse and select your file.
- You also have the option to choose the Destination Folder to store the document.
- Click OK.
7. How do I open and edit a shared document?
- Open the library containing the document by selecting it from the quick launch menu on the left
- Click on the link for the document. The document will open in the browser using the Office Web App
- Select Edit from the ribbon menu and choose to edit either in the Office application or in the Office Web App. The Office application will give you the full functionality of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- To make a quick change right in the browser, select Edit in Word (or applicable) Web App, make your changes, then click on the back arrow or the team site from the top left of the page and your changes will be automatically saved.
8. I am editing a document in the browser using the Office Web App. How do I return to the team site?
To return to the team site, select either the back arrow button on the left of the URL or the link for the team site in the top left below the back arrow.