Note: Students will get access to the application form beginning October 1, 2014.
Minimum Requirements for Acceptance
- Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 are eligible to study abroad for the semester or year. Please note that some programs require a 3.0 GPA.
- Students that are interested in study abroad for the semester or year are encouraged to apply by December 3 (Wednesday after Thanksgiving break), even if they do not meet the 2.75 GPA minimum. Students that do not meet the 2.75 minimum at the time of application will be notified to contact our office after May 31, 2015 to be re-considered for study abroad in spring 2016.
- Students must be able to find courses that will fit their Loyola program and allow a full time course load while abroad.
- Students that have a history of serious disciplinary problems or that are on disciplinary probation with Loyola are not eligible for study abroad.
- Students must have a declared major to apply to study abroad.
Process to Apply
Step 1: To be able to apply to study abroad, all students must attend at least one information session during the fall of their sophomore year. Once you attend one, you will receive access to the online study abroad application through WebAdvisor.
Step 2: Complete the online application and submit it. You will then receive an email with the Academic Planning Form and you must fill this out and turn this form in to the Office of International Programs before December 3!
Please note: We must receive a complete application by the December 3 deadline. This includes the online application portion as well as the signed Academic Planning Form.
Any applications received after December 3 will not be considered.
Students must apply by 5 p.m. on December 3 of their sophomore year in order to study abroad in the spring or fall of their junior year.
Please contact the Office of International Programs at email@example.com to get current application deadlines for summer programs and study tours.
Please refer to our Application FAQ page if you have questions about the application process.