- DIS: Danish Institute for Study Abroad;
- Affiliated with University of Copenhagen and Copenhagen Business School;
- For English speaking students in their third or fourth year;
- All courses are taught in English by Danish professors on staff or recruited from Copenhagen universities; and
- DIS hosts 700 students each semester from over 100 different universities.
- Denmark has 5.3 million people, Copenhagen has 1.8 million;
- Denmark is a member of the E.U. and of NATO;
- The DIS buildings are in the Old City, medieval Copenhagen; and
- Several classrooms are in the buildings of the University of Copenhagen.
- Students must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA to be considered.
- Courses are worth 3 credits.
- Academic areas are: art history, biology, business, communications, Danish, education, English Literature, health sciences, history, law, philosophy, political science, psychology, sociology.
- Course list will be distributed.
- Study tours and field study visits are part of the academies.
- Optional Study Tours or Adventure Tours (Russia, Turkey, Italy, Greenland, Scotland) are run by DIS for an extra charge at cost.
- All housing is about 30 minutes away from DIS
- Housing is with Danish host families or with other students in student housing
Program Dates (Tentative)
- Fall: late August–December
- Spring: mid January–late May
*Airfare is not included with this program.
- All applications are due by 5 p.m. on December 3 for fall 2015 and spring 2016 study abroad.