OIP Travel Policy
I. Special requests to change travel itineraries or for reimbursement:
Regarding Special Requests and Reimbursements
All requests have to be made or confirmed by the student, in writing (email).
Loyola does not reimburse expenses after the fact. All requests for reimbursement have to be pre-approved by Loyola before the expense incurs.
**Loyola will not reimburse additional costs nor be liable for delays or cessation in transportation services nor by circumstances beyond their reasonable control including, but not limited to accidents, strikes, walkouts, civil strife, or other labor disturbances, weather, acts of God, public enemies, war or acts of any government authority.
Loyola will consider special requests (changing a departure or return date) only if they do not affect the group fares received from Frosch Travel International. The number of requests is limited and will be considered on a first come first served basis, based on the receipt of a written request from the student. Request sent by non-students will not be considered (email).
If the special request is approved, the student will have to buy the ticket first, then Loyola will reimburse only up to what Loyola paid for a student traveling with the group. The student will have to send a receipt, and the name and address of the person who should be reimbursed, to the Office of International Programs.
II. Request to change a Departure or Return:
Loyola will not consider for reimbursement any changes that were not pre-approved.
a) Requesting to change a Departure ticket:
Loyola will consider Departure changes only under the following conditions:
1) if this change does not affect the group rate and group tickets;
2) for a change of departure location: if the student requests departure from another location that is more than 300 miles away from the airport used for the group departure;
3) if the student arrives on the same day and before the main group arrives;
4) if the student agrees to pay all related additional costs (changing fee, difference between old and new airfares, etc.).
Students who want to leave several days before the rest of the group have to submit their request to their program director who will make a decision and tell them under which conditions their request might be granted.
b) Requesting to change a Return ticket:
Loyola will consider Return changes under the following conditions:
1) if this change does not affect the group rate and group ticket;
2) if the new returning date is set after all exams abroad are completed as originally scheduled by the host university (student may not change their exams abroad to return early);
3) if the student agrees to pay all related additional costs (changing fee, difference between old and new airfares, etc.).
If the change request is granted, the student will work directly with Loyola’s travel agent to change the ticket.