The services offered by the Language Learning Center are available to all Loyola students studying a foreign language in order to support their language learning endeavors.
The following is a list of typical student activities at the LLC:
- Watch foreign films for class (or for fun!) on our large-screen TVs in the Video Viewing Rooms or on one of the 30+ individual student media stations in the computer lab.
- Complete online homework or to write papers for upper-level courses (all computers have the U.S. international keyboard installed, as well as various other foreign keyboards such as Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese).
- Record your voice (for oral projects or Quia/iLearn assignments) in the computer lab or the private Video Editing Room (MH 446) equipped with microphone, headphones, and speakers.
- Use our video editing software such as iMovie and iDVD for multimedia class projects.
- Do class reading or group projects in the cozy and quiet atmosphere of the Modern Language Reading Room (MH 442).
- Enjoy our selection of international periodicals, magazines, and foreign language board games provided in the Reading Room for in-house use.
Unfortunately the LLC is not a designated station for public printing, however, there are many locations designated for public printing throughout campus.