Loyola University Maryland is full of stories just waiting to be told. Institutional communications finds those stories and tells them in a number of ways, sharing them with internal and external audiences, reaching both members of the Loyola family and those who have yet to discover our Jesuit, Catholic university in Baltimore.
Services We Offer
- Media relations, including news releases, pitching of stories, events, and faculty experts
- Social media representing the entire University; social media consulting for the University community
- Campus communications, including letters, emails, and the parents e-newsletter
- Crisis communications
- Publication of stories in Loyola magazine in print and online
- Student blogs and the Everyday Loyola Project
- Maintenance of the University Style Guide
- Copywriting and proofreading of written materials, both for print and online
- Media training
Director of Marketing and Communications
Associate Director of Media Relations and Social Media
410-617-1334 (office); 410-274-5181 (cell)
Media Relations Specialist
Members of the media on deadline or making inquiries after normal business hours should call Nick Alexopulos on his cell phone, 410-274-5181.
All other media inquiries should be directed to Nick Alexopulos via the contact information listed above.
Need an expert? Browse our faculty experts guide.
For the Loyola Community
If you have an event, program, or story to promote to the news, contact our media relations team. If your promotion requires additional MarComm services, submit a project request.
Submit story ideas here.
For campus communications or scriptwriting, contact Rita Buettner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re a faculty member or administrator interested in serving as an expert who provides commentary to the media, or you need to update your information currently available in our faculty experts guide, submit a faculty experts info form.
Current students who’d like to blog for Loyola should fill out the blog form.