How do I use Loyola Today?
Loyola Today is the University’s collaborative, internal communication platform. Every member of our community is welcome to submit posts to promote their news, announcements, and activities. In addition, every member of our community is encouraged to stay informed and engaged by visiting the Loyola Today website as well as reading Loyola Today emails, which are sent every Monday and Thursday.
How do I submit a post?
Submit your post using the Loyola Today online form.
What are the guidelines for submissions?
Submitted posts should include information about anything that is relevant to Loyola students and/or faculty, staff, and administrators. Popular post topics include personal or group achievements, event information, registration deadlines, and campus services announcements.
Submissions are not edited for spelling, grammar, typos, style, or working links. Please proofread and test all links before you hit submit.
How do I know which audience and post type to select for my submission?
When you submit a post you will be prompted to assign it a specific audience and post type.
Your options for audience are everyone, students, or faculty/admin/staff.
- Everyone: Your post will be included in the Loyola Today email to students and the email to faculty, staff, and administrators. Your post will also appear on both Loyola Today audience homepages (see "How is the Loyola Today site organized?" below for more details on audience homepages).
- Students: Your post will be included in the Loyola Today email to students and it will also appear on the Loyola Today homepage for students.
- Faculty/admin/staff: Your post will be included in the Loyola Today email to faculty, staff, and administrators and it will also appear on the Loyola Today homepage for faculty, staff, and administrators.
Your options for post type are activities, announcements, or photos. Faculty, staff, and administrators have one additional post type option, People@Loyola.
- Activities: Events that take place on a Loyola campus or involve/are organized by members of the Loyola community. You can choose one of four activity types: faith and service activity (an event focusing on community service or faith), academic activity (an event with educational or academic focus), athletics activity (an athletics event taking place locally or at an offsite location where many Greyhounds fans have the opportunity to attend), or general activity (an event that doesn't fall into faith/service, academics, or athletics categories (e.g., Student Activities Fair).
- Announcements: A notice with information relevant to the Loyola community; examples topics campus services, registration, upcoming deadlines, employee benefits matters, etc.
- Photo: A photo submission with a caption (Note: whenever possible, please avoid submitting low-resolution head shots formatted for your website, blurry photos, and photos in poor lighting)
- People@Loyola: A submission that highlights professional achievements, milestones, and/or shares news of hiring/retirement news of faculty, administrators, and staff, or hiring/commendation of student workers/interns
How is the Loyola Today site organized?
The Loyola Today homepage features activities taking place today at Loyola, announcements, and photo submissions selected to be posted that day, as well as all posts from the past three days (excluding activities that have already happened).
The "View all upcoming activities" page features posts submitted for activities happening in the next two weeks. Announcements and photo submissions from the past two weeks can be found on the "View all campus notes" page of the site. Links to both "View all ..." pages can be found on the Loyola Today homepage in the filters menu (left) and below the group of posts displayed.
You can select an audience filter based on your preference using the "students" and "faculty/administrators/staff" views at the top of the Loyola Today homepage.
After I submit something, where can I find my post on the Loyola Today site?
When you create a submission, you select the date for your item to post via the online form.
Once approved, announcements, photos, and People@Loyola submissions will post on the Loyola Today homepage on the date you select and remain on the homepage for two more days following the post date. After that three-day period, these posts move to "View all campus notes" and remain there for two additional weeks.
Activities appear on the Loyola Today homepage on the event date designated in your post submission. These posts appear on the "View all upcoming activities" page for two weeks prior to the event date.
Please allow up to one business day for posts to be approved.
How can I revise or update my submission?
After you submit an item to Loyola Today you will receive an email confirmation. If you need to make a revision to your submission because the date, time, location, or other pertinent logistical information is inaccurate or has changed, reply to your email confirmation within 24 hours with the correction you'd like made.
***If there is a critical change to your announcement after the 24-hour period following the original submission—such as a new event date or location—please submit a new post with updated information and mention in the post that the information has changed.
When does the Loyola Today email go out to the campus community and what posts are included?
The email is sent on Mondays and Thursdays throughout the academic year. (Note: emails are not sent during school breaks or University closings, or over the summer months; however, the Loyola Today website is maintained year-round for the Loyola community to share and connect.)
When submitting a post, consider the date of your event or announcement when choosing your post date. The Monday email edition includes any activities with an event date of that Monday through Thursday (the week ahead). This email includes announcements with post dates for that Monday through the previous Friday. The Thursday email edition includes any activities with an event date on that Thursday through Monday (the weekend through Monday). This email includes announcements with post dates for that Thursday through the previous Tuesday.
Deadlines: Submissions received Thursday through Sunday night will appear in that Monday’s email if the event/post date follows the above criteria. Submissions received Monday through Wednesday night will appear in that Thursday’s email if the event/post date follows the criteria above.
I want to submit a post for an event that the community should be aware of in advance. What should I do?
Some events require two or more reminders/touchpoints: something similar to a save the date, followed later by ticket information, and concluding with a reminder the day of the event. Loyola Today can help! Here's how we recommend you promote events on Loyola Today:
- Submit an activity post for your event. This post will appear on the Loyola Today homepage on the day of the event and on the "View all upcoming activities" page for two weeks prior to the event (if you submit the post two weeks or more prior). It will also appear in the last Loyola Today email prior to the event (e.g., if the event date is Saturday, the event will appear in the Loyola Today email sent the prior Thursday).
- Submit an announcement post for your event, dated as soon as you are prepared to announce the event is happening. This date could be as early as tomorrow for an event happening many months from now. Your announcement post can include basic information with a message indicating more information will follow, or it could include all the information guests will need (e.g., time, date, location, ticket info, theme, speakers). This post will appear on the Loyola Today homepage on the date you designate and on the "View all campus notes" page for two weeks, and it will be included in the upcoming email.
- Submit additional announcements as needed. These posts could include newly available event information or they could simply serve as reminders.
Where can I ask a general question about Loyola Today or provide feedback for the site?
Loyola Today was created to serve as a collaborative community communication platform. As such, we welcome your feedback to improve its features to make it user-friendly and effective. You can submit feedback or ask a general question about Loyola Today through our feedback form.