2015 Edible Book Project
What it is:
The Edible Book Project is a celebration of books through the use of cake! Participants will create an “edible book” using cake which can be inspired by a favorite book, involve a pun on a famous title, or simply be in the shape of a book. Edible books will be exhibited in the Library Gallery March 30 & 31.
2015 Edible Book Project Categories:
- Best Depiction of a Classic
- Best Entry Based on a Book for Children or Teens
- People's Choice
- Visitors to the Loyola – Notre Dame Library on March 30 will have the ability to view and vote for their favorite cakes. Additionally, an esteemed panel of judges will select the Best-in-Show.
Who can participate?
How you can participate- remember to register by March 22!:
- BYOC (Bring Your Own Cake): you make & decorate a cake on your own or in a group. No supplies or cake will be provided to you. Cakes should be no taller than 7”, no wider or longer than 12.” Drop off your cake on Sunday, March 29 in Flannery O’Connor Hall Room 230 anytime from 3pm-7pm. If you are utilizing this option, you can register for this event up to March 27.
- Attend Our Cake Decorating Party: Show up anytime between 3pm-7pm on Sunday, March 29 to Flannery O’Connor Hall Room 230 to decorate a pre-made cake. Both a cake and cake decorating supplies will be provided! You can individually decorate a cake or submit a team cake. Teams can be no larger than 4 people. **Please note, if you are doing this option you MUST pre-register by March 22 so we can ensure that we have enough supplies for this event**
Timeline for the Project:
- Sunday, March 22: priority deadline to register to participate.
- Sunday, March 29: Cake Decorating Party from 3pm-7pm in Flannery O’Connor 230. Decorate a pre-made cake or drop off your pre-made/pre-decorated cake.
- Monday, March 30: Open viewing/voting of cakes in the Library Gallery. Between 3:45pm-4:15pm guest judges will be present to vote for the other awards. Winners will be tallied and announced at a reception held from 4:30pm-5:30pm in the Library Gallery. All are welcome to attend the reception!
- Tuesday, March 31: Everyone is invited to attend the award ceremony and eating of the cakes from 11:30-12:30pm in the Library Gallery!
- Tuesday, April 15: View the cakes and check out the winning cakes until 1pm. Between 1-2pm participants who want their cakes back can pick up their cakes or delegate someone to pick up their cake for them.
- If you have a question, please contact Mary Ellen Wade, Associate Director of Messina, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 410-617-2225.
This event is sponsored by: the Loyola – Notre Dame Library, Messina, and Notre Dame of Maryland University Student Activities