Applications for summer research grants are due annually by 5 p.m. on the first Friday of the Spring semester. The next deadline is January 16, 2015.
The summer research grant program offers a $4,000 stipend to tenured and tenure-track faculty members for the conduct of research in their discipline. Generally, 35 awards are made each year. Grants are recommended by the Research and Sabbatical Committee and approved by the vice president for academic affairs.
Information Concerning the Summer Research Grant Program
The Research and Sabbatical Committee (R&SC) wishes to remind faculty members that they must adhere to the requirements for submission of the summer research grant program for their applications to be reviewed. These requirements are as follows:
- Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the first Friday of the spring semester.
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the portal above.
- Applicants may not have received a grant through the R&SC program for both of the previous two years.
- The applicant’s name may not appear in the application.
- The applicant must have submitted - no later than 5 p.m. on the first Friday of the spring semester - the required Final Report for all R&SC funded grants received since 2008-09.
Given the growth of applications that the committee receives, the above requirements will be adhered to strictly. Applicants will receive a system generated confirmation once their proposal has been submitted. The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) also will send an email confirmation that the application has been received. After the deadline has passed the ORSP will review all applications to ensure that they meet the requirements listed above. Only those applications that meet these criteria will be forwarded to the R&SC for review. Thank you for your attention to these guidelines.
The following links provide an example of a successful proposal from each of the major disciplinary areas.
In order to conserve paper resources, proposals must be submitted electronically.
A brief report should be turned in to the ORSP by the December 1 the year following the award.
Submit your Summer Research Grant final report >>
Questions? Please contact Julie Ryder, assistant director of the office of research and sponsored programs at email@example.com or 410-617-2561.