In conjunction with the ongoing ImageNow implementation, the university has numerous other projects which support the vision of the paperless university. One project, Print Management, is detailed below.
- Print management (university wide)
- Digital Signage (university wide)
- Paperless text books and course materials (Sellinger) - iPads
- Electronic records (ADESS and Counseling) - Titanium
- Online scheduling (The Study and Writing Center) - TutorTrac
- Electronic medical records (Loyola Clinical Centers) - Centricity EMR
- Online scheduling (Loyola Clinical Centers) - Centricity Practice Management
- Electronic pay advices (payroll) - SoftDocs
- Electronic W-2s (payroll) - SoftDocs
- Online performance management system (human resources) - Halogen
- Electronic Form I9 (human resources) - TALX
- Online benefits enrollment (human resources) - Benelogic
Problem - Fragmented printing services results in difficulty in managing and reducing costs. Technology Services purchases copiers and printers, provides end user support, manages the device service contracts and copier usage charged back, and administers student Pay-to-Print program. Campus Services provides paper to campus and performs large print jobs. Loyola departments are charged for copier usage and pay for printer consumables.
Solution - Eliminate single function devices which are expensive to operate and deploy a single vendor to manage the solution. All devices would be multi-functional (print, copy, scan, fax). This would reduce the cost per copy/print, optimize physical inventory, and automate student/faculty/staff chargebacks. Secure printing and cloud printing for mobile devices are also available.
Benefits - Beyond the estimated overall cost saving of $500,000 over 5 years, the sustainability benefit is great. This solution will reduced power consumption, use environmental plant-based toner, and reduce paper usage.