Public safety uses an electronic mass notification system to provide text message and email notification of situations posing imminent, physical threats to the Loyola community. This system is an important component of the Loyola Emergency Notification System (LENS). The system will only be used in circumstances posing grave physical danger, and use of the system will be followed by announcements in all of the University’s existing emergency notification channels.
In order to benefit from this service, you must register your cell phone and email. Our current system is E2Campus
. Most cell phone plans include text messaging; those that do not, may still receive the messages, but could incur a small fee.
- Make sure you have your cell phone on hand.
- Go to E2campus
- Login with your Loyola username and password.
- On your e2campus dashboard, click on the “Services” tab.
- Add a phone number for text messages and/or an e-mail address other than your Loyola e-mail to receive alerts. (Only ONE Parent/Guardian phone number can be added if they would like to receive text alerts, otherwise multiple email addresses can be added)
- Follow the instructions to complete your setup.
- If any of your information changes, be sure to update your account
Tests of the system will be conducted on the first Monday of every month. If you have any trouble with the registration process, or you are not receiving the monthly test messages, please contact Jocelyn Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org.