What details are important when preparing my schedule?
Prerequisite Requirements: You can only register for courses for which you have met the required prerequisites. Course prerequisites and restrictions can be accessed via Course Listings or WebAdvisor Search for Sections (click course title hyperlink).
Review your Degree Audit via WebAdvisor or check with the Records Office to make sure that courses taken away over the summer or through study abroad programs are recorded on your record before registration. Prerequisite or registration overrides must be signed by the department chair and submitted with the registration form.
Corequisite Requirements: Be sure to register for corequisite courses as listed in Course Listings or WebAdvisor Search for Sections (click course title hyperlink).
Alternate Course Selection: When preparing your schedule, select alternate courses/sections in case your original requests are closed.
Time conflicts CANNOT be processed.
Check your Degree Audit via WebAdvisor prior to registration to make certain that your academic program information is accurate. Check your major and minor information, as some courses are restricted accordingly.
Major/Minor/Specialization Information: If your correct major/minor/specialization information is not recorded in the Records Office prior to registration, you cannot be registered for courses restricted by major/minor/specialization. If necessary, submit a Change of Major (or Minor) Form to meet major (or minor) restrictions. Refer to your Degree Audit via WebAdvisor for academic program information.
Know your inside.loyola.edu Username and Password. For assistance with password resets, contact the Student Technology Center prior to registration using one of the following options:
Telephone Support: Call 410-617-5555. Students must have their Loyola ID number.
Walk-In Support: Knott Hall 108. Students must have their Loyola ID card.
For information about recovering a forgotten password, visit the Technology Services website.
Exceptions to academic policies must have the approval of the Dean of First-Year Students and Academic Services (MH 145).
What are the necessary forms/signatures required for registration?
Get all the necessary forms and signature(s) before your assigned registration date and time. You cannot register for courses if you do not have the required materials or permissions.
- Registration Request Form: Part-time registration forms are available at the Records Office (MH 141), or call 410-617-2263 to have a form mailed to you (Continuing, degree-seeking students eligible for Web Registration do not use this form.).
- Course Permission Slip: Unless electronic permission has been granted by the instructor or department personnel, a completed form signed by the instructor is necessary if you are registering for a course requiring special instructor permission.
- Block Schedule: Use the block schedule for mapping course selections to make certain that no time conflicts have been scheduled.
- Repeat/Replacement Form: A completed form signed by your advisor must accompany the Registration Request Form if you are registering for a course(s) as a repeat or replacement. (Repeats cannot be processed via WebAdvisor.)
- Specialized Study Form: This form is used for independent study, internship, and private study courses. It is available in the Records Office (MH 141). A completed form, including all required signatures, must be submitted at the time of registration. Requests for these courses will be accepted during registration but will be processed within 72 hours. Students must submit the signed form to the Academic Advising and Support Center (MH 043) on their registration day or to the Records Office prior to the end of the registration period. (Specialized studies cannot be processed via WebAdvisor.)
Where can I get open course information and schedule changes?
Course information can be accessed via Course Listings or WebAdvisor Search for Sections.