Members: please note that you have access to the shallow end and the adjoining lap lane during varsity swim practices! For more information, please click here for our most up to date hours of operation.
Lanes are always available for lap swimming during pool hours of operation, however, there are times when portions of the pool are closed for scheduled activities. Click here for a current calendar of reserved pool times.
Available Pool Equipment
The following is a list of available exercise equipment located on the pool deck. The lifeguards can provide guidance regarding proper equipment use upon request.
- Water weights
- Pull buoys
- Hand Paddles
- Aqua Jogging Belts
- PFDs (Personal Flotation Devices)
Aquatic Center Rules
- Swimming permitted only when a certified staff lifeguard is on duty and in position.
- Individuals under the influence of alcohol or drugs are prohibited from use of the Aquatic Center.
- Soap showers must be taken before using the Aquatic Center.
- No diving into areas marked "Shallow Water" or "No Diving".
- No running or rough play in the Aquatic Center.
- No swimming under bulkhead.
- No swimming in springboard diving area unless otherwise specified.
Health Department Regulations
- Any individual who has the following conditions may not enter the water of a public pool or spa:
- Infectious or contagious disease that may be transmitted in water.
- An open cut, blister, or other lesion.
- No smoking in the Aquatic Center.
- No street shoes on the deck of the pool.
- No cut-offs or jeans allowed in the pool.
Hot Tub Rules
- The Hot Tub is available for use only during Aquatic Center operational hours.
- The Hot Tub is available for the use only when there is a Lifeguard on Duty.
- Children ages 6 and under are not permitted to use the Hot Tub. Children between the ages of 7 and 18 must be accompanied/supervised by an adult at all times when using the Hot Tub.
- Please shower with soap prior to use.
- No more than 12 individuals are permitted at one time.
- Proper swimwear must be worn at all times. This includes athletic shorts or bathing suits. Sweatshirts, sweatpants, and jeans are prohibited.
- Submerging your head beneath the water is prohibited.
- Recreational Sports Staff reserve the right to remove any Member or Guest from the Hot Tub if he/she exhibits behavior that is believed to be unsafe or inappropriate.
Member & Guest Safety
- It is recommended that use of the Hot Tub be limited to 15 minutes and not to exceed 20 minutes.
- Exit immediately if feeling uncomfortable, dizzy, fatigued, and report problems immediately to the Lifeguard.
- CAUTION: Individuals with medical conditions should consult a physician before using the Hot Tub. It is recommended that the following individuals should not use the Hot Tub: those with heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure, circulatory or respiratory problems, seizures, epilepsy, pregnant woman, those who are using prescribed or illegal drugs, or anyone under the influence of alcohol.
- Enter and exit cautiously using the stairs and the hand rail to prevent slipping.
- The Sauna is available for use only during Aquatic Center operational hours.
- The Sauna is available for use only when there is a Lifeguard on Duty.
- Children ages 6 and younger are prohibited to use the Sauna. Children between the ages of 7 and 12 must be accompanied/supervised by an adult at all times when using the Sauna.
- Pouring water on the heating element is prohibited.
- Paper products of any kind (including magazines and newspapers) are prohibited.
- Proper clothing must be worn at all times. This includes t-shirts, athletic shorts or swimwear. Sweatshirt, sweatpants, and jeans are prohibited.
- Please shower before entering the Hot Tub/Pool after a stay in the Sauna.
- The Sauna temperature is higher on the upper bench.
- Recreational Sports Staff reserve the right to remove any Member or Guest from the Sauna if he/she exhibits behavior that is believed to be unsafe or inappropriate.
Member & Guest Safety
- It is recommended that the use of the Sauna be limited to 10 minutes.
- Allow yourself at least 5 minutes after exercising to cool down before entering the Sauna.
- Long exposure to Sauna temperatures may result in nausea, dizziness, and fainting.
- Exit immediately if feeling uncomfortable, dizzy, fatigued and report problems immediately to the Lifeguard.
- CAUTION: Individuals with medical conditions should consult a physician before using the Sauna. It is recommended that the following individuals should not use the Sauna: those with heart disease, high or low blood pressure, circulatory or respirator problems, seizures, epilepsy,, pregnant woman, those who are using prescribed or illegal drugs or anyone under the influence of alcohol.
- Strenuous exercise is prohibited.
- Always keep a safe distance from the heating element to prevent injury.
- Sitting on a towel is recommended.
General Diving Board Rules
- Use of the Diving Boards by more than one individual at a time is prohibited.
- The first diver must be clear of the Diving Well before the second one leaves the Diving Board.
- Only forward dives and jumps from the front end of the Diving Boards are permitted.
- Back flips, back dives, cutaways, reverses, inwards, twists, sailor, sit-down, and handstand dives are prohibited.
- Running on the boards is prohibited.
- Multiple bounces are prohibited.
- Lap swimming in the Diving well is only permitted when the Diving Boards are not in use.
- Use of the 3-Meter High Dive is prohibited.
For more information about Aquatic Programs, contact Andy Black, Associate Director of Facilities and Risk Management, at email@example.com.