- All signs, notices, flyers, posters, banners, and table tents must be approved by the office of student activities and stamped with the date the item is approved before any materials can be posted. It is suggested that the original copy of all items be submitted for approval before photocopies are made.
- If the item is prepared and printed by the office of creative services at Loyola and contains the Loyola University Maryland logo, then it does not have to be stamped for posting.
- Any digital signage must be in accordance with this Posting Policy, and will be approved electronically by the Director of Student Activities.
- No sign, notice, flyer, or poster which advertises a single event may be posted for a period longer than two weeks.
- A copy of all approved flyers will be on file in the office of student activities.
- All signs must contain the name of the sponsoring organization, the date, time and location of the event.
- Materials may not be placed on glass, painted, or varnished surfaces of any kind.
- Flyers, posters, and banners may not be placed on the ground. Items on floors and walkways pose a safety hazard.
- Materials to be displayed in common areas must be approved by the office of student activities.
- Materials to be displayed in the residence halls must be approved by the office of student life.
- Chalk, paints, and markers may not be used on any surface whatsoever for the purpose of advertisement or any other purpose (only exception is for the fine arts department - McManus Lobby window).
- Materials may not be placed in any one area in excessive numbers and may not cover other posters or signs.
- The use of Duct Tape, glue, and paste is strictly prohibited. Masking tape and clear "scotch" tape are the only materials allowed to attach signs, unless using push-pins to post on appropriate bulletin boards.
- Table tents can be placed on tables inside of any Pankhurst Dining Services location with prior permission from both student activities and a manager from Parkhurst Dining Services.
- Hand flyers may be passed out on campus by members of a Loyola organization only with prior approval from student activities.
- Any materials hung in violation of the policies will be removed and recycled.
- Materials including any alcohol-related information, including activities at bars/clubs, are prohibited.
- Materials may not be posted on the interior or exterior walls or doors of the Sellinger School of Business, only appropriate bulletin boards inside the building.
- Any outdoor display must be approved by the director of student activities.
- It is the responsibility of the sponsoring organization to remove outdated materials. Recycling is strongly encouraged.
- Maliciously destroying/defacing others' publicity will result in either administrative or disciplinary action.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines by students or student organizations will result in either administrative or disciplinary action.
Examples of acceptable places to post information: bulletin boards, cement columns along the Quad, Maryland Hall Bridge, Pedestrian Bridge, table tents on tables inside of Parkhurst dining facilities
Outdoor display policy
Please call the office of student activities, 410-617-2713, with any questions about the posting policy or the outdoor display policy.