Apply to be a RoadTrip Atlas
- February 1, 2017: Application available
- February 24, 2017: (5:00 p.m., EST): Application due
- March 3, 2017: Reference Forms are due (2 references are required)
- March 20-31, 2017: Interviews with RoadTrip Director and Graduate Assistant
- April 7, 2017: Decisions will be available
*Participation in RoadTrip during his or her sophomore year is not a requirement for an applicant.
**If you are planning to be abroad during the Spring 2018 Semester, you are welcome to apply. However, you must be in a program that does not leave until after RoadTrip 2018 (January 12-14, 2018).
Please make sure to review the RoadTrip Atlas requirements and responsibilities (listed below) before submitting your application.
Should you have any questions, please contact Kate Velcamp, Graduate Assistant in Student Engagement, at email@example.com.
Founded on Ignatian spiritual traditions, RoadTrip is an experience designed to help students evaluate and discern their life purpose through the exploration of personal reflection. RoadTrip is the beginning of a life-long journey for sophomores to discover their sources of joy, realize where their gifts and talents lie, and identify how they can give back to others. RoadTrip helps sophomores strengthen connections with peers and mentors and emphasizes the role Loyola’s Jesuit education plays in guiding them to live as men and women for and with others.
- Attend ALL Atlas training sessions during fall semester;
- Prepare and deliver a talk on an aspect of vocational discernment;
- Facilitate conversation for a small group of 5-7 sophomores;
- Lead team builders, icebreakers, and social activities;
- Learn what “vocational discernment” is and how it applies to your personal life and RoadTrip;
- Incorporate discernment, including practice of the Daily Examen, into one’s life; and
- Serve as a leader, role model, and mentor for sophomores.
Time Commitment for a RoadTrip Atlas
- Attend RoadTrip weekend (January 12-14, 2018);
- Weekly group meeting/training sessions during the Fall Semester;
- Weekly time outside of meetings spent in personal reflection and developing one’s talk;
- Atlas team dinner(s)/social(s) off campus;
- RoadTrip Prep Week (January 9-11, 2018);
- Weekly or biweekly 1 on 1 meetings with the RoadTrip director;
- Individual meetings with faculty, staff, or administrator partner at end of Fall semester; and
- Attend RoadTrip Reunions if/when possible.