The tutorial program is designed to meet the specific needs of collegiate student-athletes, and the principles underlying its development have evolved from the combination of theory, research and continuous evaluation. The philosophy of the tutorial program is based on a number of values the office of academic affairs for varsity athletics believes to be imperative to the improvement of academic performance and personal success.
- Individuals are accountable for their own behavior
- The acquisition of knowledge is the result of employing a combination of skills that can be taught and learned
- Instruction requires accommodation for individual differences
- The environment in which learning takes place shapes skill development
- Time, attention and energy are intangible, yet necessary, performance factors
- Integrity, once lost, is difficult but not impossible to regain
- The quality of one's work can be traced back to planning and evaluation
The office of academic affairs for varsity athletics recognizes that tutoring is a dynamic process, which will never be exactly the same for any two individuals. While we value flexibility and creativity, we strive to maintain rules and procedures to ensure that each student-athlete receives high quality tutorial support. Honesty and integrity are held in the highest regard by our office and all tutorial support staff. All student-athletes and tutors are required to comply with tutorial session protocol and procedures outlined by the office of academic affairs for varsity athletics.
Jenkins Hall 015