The Creative Assistant positions with the Office of Student Engagement at Loyola University Maryland provides students with practical work experience in their chosen field. The Office of Student Engagement is seeking hard working, creative, energetic students for the 2014-2015 academic year to supplement and enhance the programming and events sponsored by the office.
- Must be a sophomore, junior, or senior in good standing with the university.
- Ideal candidates will have a background in one or more of the following fields: Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Digital Media, Writing, Business, or Marketing. However, applicants from all majors and minors are encouraged to apply if interested.
- GPA of at least 2.5 is required.
- Working command of Adobe Photoshop. While experience with Adobe Illustrator, Bridge, or InDesign is preferred, it is not required.
- Create/design visual media advertisements for office events and programming including but not limited to posters, flyers, invitations, and videos.
- Manage office’s social media presence on the following social media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Communicate and meet with Program Coordinator weekly for office project needs.
- Keep communication with other campus media groups including but not limited to the Greyhound, WLOY, GreyComm, and Newshound.
- Assess programs and events for effectiveness and appeal of audience.
- Additional media/marketing tasks as needed.
This is a great opportunity to build your portfolio as well as receive transferable work experience. The Creative Assistants will work 10 hours per week (5 hours during 9 - 5pm office hours, 5 hours outside of office hours).
2014 Application Timeline
- March 13: Application available online
- April 7: Application and sample(s) DUE
- April 14 - 25: Interviews
- April 28: Decision Letters Available
Please submit a completed hard copy of the application below and an artistic sample(s) to the Office of Student Engagement (4th Floor Student Center) by Monday, April 7 at 5pm. Artistic samples (including posters, marketing items, videos, electronic portfolios, etc.) may also be emailed to the Program Coordinator, Santina Craze at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014-15 OSE Creative Assistant Application
For additional questions or concerns, please contact Program Coordinator, Santina Craze at email@example.com or 410-617-2032.