The purpose of the Student Leadership Corps (SLC) is to help prepare students to take the "next step" in their leadership development. The group is for sophomore students who are just beginning on their leadership journey, but it is also helpful for students who want to enhance their leadership abilities. Members of the SLC will spend the fall semester learning about various aspects of leadership.
Student Leadership Corps (SLC) is a small group of sophomore students who come together to further improve their individual and collective leadership skills through self-examination, open group communication, and trust. SLC members will develop a deeper knowledge of themselves as persons and as value-driven leaders while at the same time examining theoretical concepts of leadership. Through group meetings, individual meetings, and reflection, SLC members will be better prepared to assume leadership roles at Loyola and beyond.
- Students may NOT be a member of the Sellinger Scholars Program or the Ad Infinitum Community
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Full-time undergraduate status at Loyola University Maryland, from September 2015 to April 2016
- Must be available for Friday afternoon meetings during the fall and/or semester (3 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Strong interest in developing your own and others’ leadership potential and abilities
- Sense of responsibility
- Effective organizational skills, including the ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to work with others as a team in the completion of tasks
- Commitment to perform as a leader in your personal best interest and in the interest of Loyola University Maryland
- Sense of humor and creativity
- Strengths Quest
- Purpose and Diversity in Leadership
- Group Facilitation and Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Community Service and Civility
- Self-Care: Stress/Time Management
- Leadership at Loyola: How to Market Your Leadership Skills
- Leadership Fair
- Semester Social (Event TBD)
Note: This program is not designed for students who will participate in intensive fall training programs through various offices on campus (RAs, Evergreens, etc.) If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact Hope Supernault or Rachel Nicholson in the office of student engagement at 410-617-5696.
2015-2016 Application Timeline
February 27: Nominations Due (Nominations can be submitted via the Leadership Nomination Form)
April 17: Applications Due
April 20 - 30: Interviews (will be individually scheduled with candidates)
Please follow the link below to nominate a student:
Please follow the link below to nominate your self:
To complete an application for the 2015 - 2016 SLC please click the link below:
2015-2016 SLC Application
For any additional questions, please contact Hope Supernault at email@example.com).