(No positions available at this time)
The Assistant Director of Student Life for Student Conduct provides direct support for the administration of all aspects of the Loyola University undergraduate conduct process. He/she works closely with faculty, staff, administrators, campus organizations, Campus Police and legal counsel as needed, in maintaining and promoting the community standards both on and off campus. The assistant director provides direct supervision for two graduate assistants, serves in an emergency on-call rotation, and along with the director, the associates, and other assistant directors provides leadership and vision for the office of student life in order to enhance the comprehensive development of students’ residential experience at Loyola. The Assistant Director of Student Life for Student Conduct does not live in University housing.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Adjudicate and manage weekly caseload of infractions of the Community Standards
- Recruit, select, train, and advise the Peer Conduct Board and University Board on Discipline
- Provide ongoing training and assistance to ADs, RAs, and GRCs with regard to their roles in the student conduct process
- Attend weekly meetings with Campus Police and assist in the coordination of investigations
- Work with the assistant director for the Eastside Area to address off-campus conduct issues and help facilitate neighborhood relations
- Collaborate with other offices to provide educational resources for students on the Community Standards, alcohol education, peer education
- Maintain conduct records and Judicial Action program database
- Assist in the development of roommate conflict/resolution and restorative justice programs.
- Serve in the on-call duty rotation for campus-wide emergencies with six other Assistant Directors
- Participate in the continual assessment and improvement of Student Life initiatives
- Provide support for two graduate assistants who work in the main office and have primary responsibilities for aspects of the conduct system (i.e., student follow up, administrative paperwork, camera review, etc.)
- Assist in the ongoing processes of the office including housing operations and student and staff development
- Master's degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, and/or counseling or related field
- 0-3 years of residence life related experience, supervisory experienced preferred
- Experience in planning and executing training programs
- A desire and ability to incorporate an educational philosophy toward student conduct
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex situations and render fair judgments, maintain ethical and professional standards
We offer a competitive salary, full benefits, parking, and a meal plan during the academic year as well as professional development funds.
How to Apply
The online application will be posted in mid-February at http://careers.loyola.edu/. A cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references are required and may be attached at the appropriate prompt on the application. The position start date is June 25, 2012 (negotiable). Representatives will be interviewing at The Placement Exchange (TPE) in Phoenix and the ACPA Annual Convention in Louisville.
Loyola University Maryland is an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from all backgrounds who can contribute to our educational mission. For more information, please contact Tim Cherney, associate director of student life, at 410-617-2339 or email@example.com.
Loyola's Jesuit Identity
Information about the Office of Student Life
Divisional Learning Outcomes
Service at Loyola
Diversity at Loyola
Information about Baltimore
For more information about the search process, please contact Tim Cherney at 410-617-2339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.