Certain conference areas across Loyola campuses are enhanced with technology for presentations and other business meeting functions. Contact event services, the facilities management office at each Loyola campus, or contact the Help Center for assistance.
Loyola's campuses offer a variety of high-tech technology enhanced classrooms, featuring DVD and audio systems, wireless remote controls, document cameras, ceiling projectors, and more. See which classrooms contain various types of equipment:
Several classroom technology tutorials are also available:
You should LOG-OFF of every Loyola computer lab or classroom machine before leaving. Failure to log-off gives the next user complete access to your network G: drive!
The Evergreen campus and both graduate centers have multiple computer labs, most of which are available 24-hours/7-days a week by Evergreen card access to students, faculty, administrators, and staff. All lab computers have access to the Internet and Microsoft Office.
Certain labs have been designated as teaching labs. They may not to be used regularly as classrooms but may be used for occasional hands-on demonstrations. Faculty may request up to eight lab periods per class section each semester; however, no lab may be reserved during the last two weeks of a semester. A lab reservation schedule is posted weekly at each lab to provide advanced notice for planning lab time.
Reservations for teaching labs on the Evergreen campus should be made by calling the OTS at ext. 5555. Reservations for graduate center labs should be made through the respective centers: Timonium, ext. 1903; Columbia, ext. 7600.
Computer Lab locations with Smart Print stations
Printing in a Lab
Send the print job to the printer as you normally would.
- After sending the print job to the printer, you must use your Evergreen Card and swipe the card reader to release your print job to the printer.
- Click Release
- The document is now printing to the default lab printer.
- Help Prior to Teaching in a Lab or Classroom - Call the office of technology support at ext. 5555.
- Getting Technology Help in the Classroom - Ext. 2255 is a dedicated line for classroom technology issues; ext. 5555 is the general number for technology assistance.
- Requesting Software for Use in Classrooms/Labs - Complete an online request for software to be installed in a lab or classroom.
- Multimedia Support - Visit the Educational Technology section for information on specific multimedia resources available in labs/classrooms.
Equipment Replacement in Labs and Classrooms
Equipment in computer labs is replaced every three years. Classroom computers are replaced every two years.