Universal Mac Package
Download the Mac Smart Printing Installer. This option is compatible with Mac OS X versions 10.6-10.10.
- Once downloaded, double-click the .zip file. This will open the archive utility.
- Click "okay" to unzip the file.
- The package Pharos.pkg will be extracted in the same location that the .zip file was downloaded.
- Double-click Pharos.pkg*, enter your username and password and click continue to install the printers.
- After the installation is complete, you will need to restart your computer.
If you receive a warning that "Pharos.pkg" can't be opened: Click the Apple menu; click "System Preferences"; choose "Security & Privacy"; in the General tab, click "Open Anyway".
View the instructional video for downloading the MAC driver.
Install a Mac Package Specific to Your Operating System
If after installing the newest print queues via the instructions above you are still unable to print, it may be necessary to install the printer packages manually.
To do this, download the appropriate .zip file for your operating system below.
How to check what version of Mac OS X you are running.
- Once the .zip file is downloaded, double-click the .zip file to extract the files. Four packages will be extracted two .pkgs and two .dmgs (for 10.10 only two .pkgs will be extracted).
- Double-click each of the packages extracted (example: bizhub_106BW.pkg and MAC10.6 Color Final.dmg) and go through the installers.
- After all packages have finished installing, you will now be able to print using Smart Printing.
If for some reason you are still unable to print or need assistance with installation, please contact the Help Center at x5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-in service is available at the Student Technology Center in Knott Hall 003 (students) or the Help Center in Knott Hall 107 (faculty/admin/staff).