These features are accessible through Microsoft Lync/ Skype for Business, installed on your computer.
- Instant Messaging (IM) – Allows you to “chat” with people by typing in a dedicated window. Similar products you might have used are AIM, g-chat.
- Audio Communication – You can speak with colleagues using Lync and microphone connected to your computer instead of by phone
- Video Communications – You can video conference with one or more colleagues using a built-in or USB webcam to see and hear all attendees. This is similar to Skype, Go-To Meeting, and other web-conferencing tools.
- Desktop Sharing – Allows you to show an application, such as a Power Point presentation or your entire screen. You can even hand over control of your screen to another attendee. This feature is similar to join.me.
- File Sharing – Send attachments while using the above features.