Loyola's office of Technology Services and Disability Support Services have partnered with the Loyola-Notre Dame Library (LNDL) to offer the France-Merrick Digital Media & Adaptive Technology Lab Training Series. The series consist of webinars presented by the Association of Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD). The seven webinars will be moderated by nationally known specialists in the area of access technology, and you are welcome to join us for as many as you like. All webinars are held from 3-4:30 pm in the Loyola Notre Dame Library - Room 3028. For more information contact Marcia Wiedefeld, director of Disability Support Services firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-617-2062.
• Tuesday, Oct. 29-STEM accessibility today: A discussion of challenges and solutions to meeting the needs of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) content accessibility.
• Tuesday, Nov. 19-Document structure, the key to navigability: Alternate format isn't just plain text anymore! This session will explain document structure and how reading tools use it to improve accessibility and navigability.
• Tuesday, Jan. 28-Access technologies, an overview for sensory disabilities: This session will describe commonly-used access technology types such as screen readers, magnifiers, and others that serve users with sensory disabilities.
• Tuesday, Feb. 11-Access technologies, an overview for processing disabilities: This session will describe commonly-used access technology types such as text-to-speech utilities, reading/writing systems, and others that serve users with processing disabilities.
• Tuesday, Feb. 25-Technology accessibility policy: Based on recent federal clarifications in institutional responsibilities, this panel presentation will offer suggestions and strategies for improving technology access at your college or university.
• Tuesday, March 4-Captioning decision-making process: So you need to start captioning videos at your institution, or you want to improve on your current system? This session will help you through the decision-making process to come to a solution that works for you.