In an effort to align with the University’s cost savings and sustainability initiatives, the University is moving towards a print management program. Print management is an administration program that will enable Loyola to significantly lower the cost and environmental impact of printing and photocopying on campus. The University will be able to do this by:
- Assessing current usage of printers, to determine if the type of device being used is the most effective.
- Increasing the number of multifunction printers (printer, copier, scanner), that are more cost effective.
- Reducing the number of desk top printers that require costly toner cartridges.
- Defaulting printers to print double sided/duplex.
- Reducing paper cost by creating rules for automatic duplex printing.
- Setting alerts to remind users to send large documents to Printing Services.
- Sending notifications to users to suggest routing print jobs to the most appropriate device.
- Recycling toner cartridges.
Printer deployment across all campuses at Loyola is underway. For a current list of printer locations, please check back periodically as this list is updated:
Pharos Printers at Loyola 022414
As new devices are installed in your department, onsite training will be provided. General training sessions will occur on designated dates throughout the spring, notice will be sent via Newshound.
How To Guides for Printing:
Printing Quickstart Guide for Faculty, Administrators and Staff
Printing Quickstart Guide for Students
Mobile Printing Instructions for Students
Printing from MAC Operating System Instructions
Video and Interactive User Guides
Removing Paper Jams for bizhub models c224e/c284e/c364e
Interactive User Guides:
364e User Guide for bizhub models 224e/284e/364e/454e/554e
754e User Guide for bizhub models 654e/754e
c364e User Guide for bizhub models c224e/c284e/c364e/c454e/c554e
c754e User Guide for bizhub models c654e/c754e
Academic Department Rollout Schedule
Rollout Schedule of Print Management
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I order toner for the printer? You do not need to order toner. The printer will automatically alert our managed print service provider to order toner for the printer. The toner will be delivered to your office by our managed print service provider.
How do I order paper for the printer? Contact Printing and Mail Services at x1132 and they will deliver paper to your office. Printing and Mail Services purchases paper for the University in bulk to ensure the best pricing for paper. The cost for the paper is covered in your printing costs.
I have to print confidential information, does sharing a printer mean that others will see what I print? You now have the ability to swipe your Evergreen card at the printer to release a job.
Who do I contact if I am having trouble printing? Call the Technology Services Help Desk at x5555