Lync Loyola – Your New Telephone!
Lync Loyola is the new university communication system. Beginning in April, university desk phones will be upgraded. We are currently only replacing desk phones, and not classroom and lab phones. The new Lync Loyola phones will do everything the current phones can and more. When you receive your new phone, you’ll be able to:
- make and receive calls (as usual),
- look up your contacts,
- listen to and forward voicemail messages through your email, and more.
Here’s what you can expect during phone deployment:
- New phones will be rolled out by department. You will keep your existing telephone during the transition.
- Use this transition time in which you have both phones to get acclimated to your new phone. Training will be available. Your old phone will still work as your primary phone.
- After a few months (we’ll provide you with your department’s specific date as we get closer), your phone number will be completely moved to the new system and your old phone will be deactivated.
- Technology Services will remove your old phone after we have completely moved to the new system.
You will hear from the Office of Technology Support one week before your phone is planned to be installed. You will receive an introduction to the features of your new phone if you are present when we install the phone, and you can also stop by the Office of Technology Support in Knott Hall 107 to preview the new phones and ask questions. We’ll provide you with a quick start guide when your phone is installed, and you can also download a copy from our website.
Additional information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page, if there is something that you don't see listed please contact us!
Thanks for your support in this project. We look forward to working with you!
Installation of Microsoft Lync
Microsoft Lync is already installed on most Loyola computers, however if your computer is missing Lync or you would like to install Lync on a personal computer, you can download it from the technology services download page. You can also contact the Help Center 410-617-5555 for assistance with installing the program.