Moodle provides an easy to use system that integrates with the University student information system. Use Moodle to build your course webpage, share important reference materials, and increase interaction with collaborative tools that keep student engaged in and out of the classroom.
Moodle Migration Issues
On May 25, 2016 Moodle was officially migrated to new servers, which provides our faculty members and students with a fresh new user interface, as well as new tools to utilize. The migration went smoothly and all courses have been safely migrated, but as with most server migrations, there have been a few bugs. Below is a list of some of the issues we are aware of and are currently working on. If there you happen to come across any bugs, please submit a ticket to the Help Center, and we will get to work on it as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience during this transitional period!
- Intermittent login issues
- Issues with identification on the Panopto Recorder
- Adding campus pack resources – access allowed but not allowing new creation
- Flexpage theme currently without Loyola formatting
- Showing blank spaces for twitter feeds and some embedded media
- Cannot import Turnitin activities from one site to another
- Changes to assigned Faculty are not reflecting accurately in Moodle courses
Over the next several months, we will be updating all of our support content to match the new server's appearance. Please be patient with us as we transition. In this current version of Moodle, these were notable added features:
Assignments and Grading in Moodle
Moodle offers a robust platform to assess student understanding of your course. Using simple feedback quizzes, involved term exams, and individual assignments, you are able track comprehension and accurately assess each person in your class.
- Moodle Assignments: Video introduction to creation and setup of various assignment types.
- Moodle Gradebook: This in-depth Moodle course give you training on every aspect of the tool.
Use these tools to get started:
Moodle for Faculty
Moodle for Students