Cramming for exams should be avoided when possible. Studying for exams is an ongoing process, not easily achieved in a haphazard manner. However, we all find ourselves in a jam from time-to-time. In the event that a student is not able to study for an exam until the night before, here a few guidelines:
- Do not try to review every chapter of the text or all of your lecture notes.
- Select the main themes to be examined on the test and review diligently.
- Focus on memorizations by repeating concepts over and over again.
- Do not look at your notes or text directly before the test to avoid confusing topics or test stress.
- Stay calm.
- Write down any information you may forget as soon as you receive the exam to avoid forgetfulness.