Every year, The Career Center conducts a Follow-Up Survey with each undergraduate graduating class. Studies of this nature are conducted in order to determine to what degree graduates are successful in achieving their post-graduation career objectives.
The survey is typically completed 6-9 months after graduation, and graduates are contacted via email and phone to complete the survey. Special efforts are made each year to contact graduates who are still seeking employment and to invite them to use the services of The Career Center, as this is a free, ongoing service provided to our alumni.
The following information is provided from the survey on the Undergraduate Class of 2013:
- The response rate was approximately 85%, with 712 out of 833 graduating seniors responding.
- Overall, approximately 97% of graduates utilized The Career Center's services.
- Both the liberal arts and business backgrounds have allowed the graduates to successfully enter a variety of career fields.
- Approximately 80% of the graduates are employed either full-time or part-time.
- Roughly 20% of the graduates are in graduate/professional school either full-time or part-time.
- Around 3% of the graduates are both working and attending graduate/professional school.
- Five percent (5%) of graduates are enrolled in full-time post-college service.
- The percentage of students seeking employment was 2.6% (which was well below the 10.9% national average reported by the Labor Department - source: NY Times, April 22, 2014).
For a sample of companies that employed 2013 Loyola graduates and graduate/professional schools where 2013 Loyola graduates have enrolled, click here.