Tutors, remember to fill out your Tutor Session Report within 24 hours of each tutoring session.
TutorTrac Information for Tutors – FAQs
I’m loaded as a student and cannot make changes to my schedule. What do I do?
TutorTrac automatically loads all undergraduates as students. To change to the tutor or consultant view, hit the “change to consultant” box in the upper left-hand corner of the page, once you log in. This will load you as a consultant/tutor. If you want to request a tutor, make sure to change back to the “student” view by following the same steps. In the student view, you can request a tutor for any of your courses.
My webpage isn’t loading correctly and the information is displayed strangely.
We suggest using Mozilla Firefox or Safari as your internet browser. Sometimes Internet Explorer makes the pages load improperly.
How do I make changes to my schedule?
Adjusting your schedule is easy, just follow these simple steps:
- Log into TutorTrac using your Loyola ID and password.
- Change from student view to consultant view by clicking on the consultant box in the upper left-hand corner.
- Next choose “schedule” from the dropdown menu on the “trac-man icon.” (The Trac-man is the little “man” in the upper left-hand corner of the page.)
- A calendar will open up.
- Next click on the date and time you want to add to your schedule by clicking on the start time and dragging the time down to the end time. A box will open up.
- In the box, first change the “Max Students” from 0 to 1.
- Then choose the date range by clicking on “Date From and To.” You can schedule your hours for the entire semester or a few weeks at a time.
- Next choose the time you want to be available by adjusting the “From and To” boxes with the clocks on them. This will show the start and end times.
Note: If you have trouble using the start and end times for more than one hour at a time, then use the “Duration” field. For example, if you want to have availability from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, then choose 10:00 AM as your start time. In the “Duration” field, type in 03:00. This will set your schedule for 3 hours and the end time will automatically change to 1:00 PM.
- If you are creating availability for more than one hour at a time, be sure to click on the “Divide into Slots” box. Then type in 01:00. This will break your availability into one hour segments. If you do not complete this step, you might end up with very long appointments!
- Finally, hit the save button and your availability will appear on the calendar.
How do I make the same schedule for multiple days?
Let’s say you want to create the same availability on M, W, and F. (For example, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM) Instead of creating availability each day and repeating the same steps above three times, simply create a new appointment (following the steps above) and then in the “Days” field, click on Mon, Wed, and Fri. The days you choose will turn from grey to green when they’re activated. Important: Be sure to adjust the calendar too. If you don’t change the “From” field on the calendar, the date range will only be for that particular day.
My tutee wants to book a regularly recurring appointment each week. How do I allow them to do this?
Right now the default setting is to not allow weekly appointments because we want you to meet your tutees first. If you decide to allow a tutee to set up recurring appointments or if you want to allow recurring appointments on all of your availability, follow these steps:
- You need to load that appointment availability for the entire semester. If you only have three weeks of availability loaded, for example, the recurrence will only work for those three weeks.
- Next, go to the next agreed upon appointment day/time (i.e. the next week) and do the following:
- Click on the appointment day/time
- Find the “Autobook” drop down menu and change to “weekly”
- Check the box at the bottom called “allow students to book weekly”
- Then change the default from checked to “not checked” on the dropdown menu.
- The tutee will then need to go back into the system and request the appointment, choosing the “book weekly” option.