The Study provides free content tutoring to all enrolled undergraduate students. Students in need of writing help should go to the Writing Center for writing-related assistance. The Writing Center is located in Jenkins Hall, 011.
The Study is pleased to announce the launch of a new automated tutor scheduling system, TutorTrac. Students can request a tutor following these simple steps:
- We suggest using Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
- Log into the scheduling system using your Loyola user name and password. (This is the same as your log in for Moodle, Web Advisor, email, Inside Loyola, etc.)
- On the left-hand corner of the page in the Student Options box, please choose “Search Availability.”
- Then choose “The Study” from the “Centers” dropdown menu.
- Next, choose the course you need tutoring in from the “Sections” dropdown menu. (Only the courses you are enrolled in this semester will appear.)
- Next, choose the date and time you would like to make a tutoring appointment.
Important: We suggest choosing “All” availability. By selecting all, you will see all tutors’ schedules for the next two weeks. You will have more availability to choose from, as opposed to selecting a specific date and time.
- Finally, select the appointment time you want. You will receive an appointment confirmation email immediately and an appointment reminder email 24-hours before your scheduled appointment.
If you cannot find an appointment time that fits into your schedule (and you’ve chosen “all” as the scheduling option), please email us at TheStudy@Loyola.edu including the days and times you are available, and we will do our best to find you a tutor.
Although The Study does its best to provide tutoring for all undergraduate courses at Loyola, we do not have tutors on staff for every single course. If you need a tutor for a course and we do not have a tutor on staff, please email us at TheStudy@Loyola.edu and we will do our best to find a tutor for you.
If you have questions about requesting a tutor, e-mail TheStudy@loyola.edu, call 410-617-2104, or stop by the third floor of Jenkins Hall.