Procedures for renting space at the Loyola Graduate Center - Timonium Campus are implemented as follows:
- Customers are invited to tour the facility to witness first-hand any one of our 20 classrooms, two labs, spacious corridors, dining lounge, or large program space. This can be done in person by calling us at 410-617-1717 or online at our facility highlights page.
- Once a date is selected by the customer, a reservation request is forwarded to the scheduler at 410-617-1998, via our Web rental form, or via fax at 410-617-1518 using our printable form. Details on the date, time, title, corporation, and other space needs will be tentatively reserved at this time.
- Our marketing coordinator will contact the chairperson for the event to discuss the rental fee that includes all instructional requirements. There are no hidden or add-on fees in our reservation process.
- A contract that outlines the details of the reservation will be sent after the customer has received a verbal quote to confirm the day and date of the event. ** A non-refundable deposit is expected to accompany the signed contract. Once the contract is signed by the customer, all subsequent reservation adjustments need to be forwarded to the scheduler at 410-617-1998. These details can be modified within the scope defined on the contract until the day of the event.
- Catering payment and arrangements are coordinated directly with a caterer listed on the Loyola Approved Caterer List. These caterers provide high-quality, consistent service that will be set-up at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled event. We can assist with catering recommendations and coordination upon request.
- Recordable VHS tapes, DVDs, CDs, and audio tapes, as well as photocopying and other disposable goods or services are not included in the rental fee. Chalk, markers, easel paper, and masking tape are included as required instructional tools.
- Cancellations must be forwarded to the scheduler by telephone (410-617-1998), fax (410-617-1518), or e-mail (email@example.com) at least 24 hours prior to the event.
- Specialized technology requirements must be forwarded a minimum of two weeks prior to the event to ensure feasibility, appropriate testing, and installation.
- All contracted reservations are honored as "First Priority" events that include directional lobby plasma display, free parking, quality environmental control, personalized service, technological assistance, and other executive amenities. Advanced bookings are subject to semester schedule limitations.