Important Information For Grad Students About Online Appointments
Online consultations are for graduate students only.
These appointments are a unique service we provide to our graduate students across all three campuses during regular business hours. In order to use this service, you must make an appointment with us so our tutors can have a scheduled amount of time to review your assignment. Your appointment will take place in real time, as a live AdobeConnect meeting. Since you will be chatting with your tutor you must be present at your computer with internet access at the time of your appointment, just as you would for a face-to-face appointment.
You will need Adobe's Flash plugin installed on your computer in order to access the Writing Center’s online appointment services. To see if you have the plug-in installed, visit Adobe's Meeting Connection Diagnostic.
Loyola Office of Technology Services supports this service. If you have questions, you can visit the Connect Moodle page or contact OTS directly at x5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Connect With Your Tutor Online
- You will need to schedule an official appointment. These are easy to create.
- You must be 'present' online during your appointment to engage with your tutor and answer questions. A webcam and microphone are not necessary. The built-in chat function can also provide real-time communication.
- Take a few minutes to view the You Tube tutorial on how to use Adobe Connect web software.
- When you are ready for your appointment to begin, check the location where you scheduled your online appointment (Evergreen/Main Campus, Timonium, or Columbia) and click on the appropriate link (see below) to automatically begin your meeting with a writing center tutor.
- Once connected, your tutor will walk you through the rest of the appointment.