ET630 Agenda Class 11
- Questions and Announcements
- Critical Information Literacy Projects will be returned soon
- PLN Projects are due June 24
- Telecollaborative Projects are due June 29
- Project presentations will take place June 29
- Last class is a Monday, June 29 and is in person
- Review of and Feedback for Online Class
- Project Presentations
- Searching Challenges
- What's not on the Web (at all or for free)?
- Search Challenge: http://youtu.be/qUhv4rt6RTU
- Where is he?
- What was the name of the pool?
- When was it built?
- Could you go down the slides backwards?
- Search Challenges (in groups)
- Searching Strategies
- Ask the Right Questions (Elliot Soloway)
- Phrase the search in the form of a question
- Pull out key words
- Type a few into a search engine
- Open a new window and type them again in a different order
- Pick five overlapping results
- If you found the answer, great
- If not, try rephrasing the question
Strategies (some resources no longer work)
- Boolean Operators
- Narrowing Searches
- Different Search Engines
Specialized Search Engines
- Search Engines for Kids (see New York Times article) (many have gone away)
- Advertising on Search Engines (see New York Times article)
- Other Web Spaces for You
- Google Drive
- Search for other free options at places like http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-web-hosting.php
- Your School
- Your Own ISP
- "Free" Online Web Page Authoring Systems
- Use a wiki or blog instead of a regular Web page
- Buy Space
- Work Time
- Work on Projects
- Project Presentations for Last Class
Return to ET630 Home Page.
This page was prepared by: David
M. Marcovitz, Ph.D.
Last updated: June 15, 2015
[Loyola University Maryland
| School of