Agenda: Class 3
ET605 Introduction to Educational Technology
- Announcements and Questions
- Don’t forget to respond to each article at least twice in Moodle if you want an A. This is a discussion.
- Class pictures are now on Moodle.
- Class roster (divided by grade level and teaching area is now on Moodle.
- We will spend two days on Web pages.
- Discuss Readings
- Brief discussion of the Learning Connections Article in groups
- 'Hangout' with Your Students Using Google
- Apps: Subtext and DocsTeach
- Backchanneling with Middle Schoolers
- Digital Citizenship
Web Page Creation Part I
- For what grade level is the lesson, technology, or tip intended?
- Can it be adapted to other grade levels?
- Does this use of technology help you do something that couldn't be done without technology?
- Does this use of technology help you do something that could be done but help you do it better?
- Does this use of technology promote higher-order thinking skills?
- Would you like to use a lesson like this in your classroom?
- Backchannel at: https://todaysmeet.com/et605
- Sign in with your real first name (i.e., no pseudonyms)
- One to two messages about the Learning Connections Article are due by next class.
- Be sure to post discussions (not summaries) of the article to the class Moodle site
- Send any general questions or comments to the class listserv email@example.com
- See handouts at class Web site
(print what you like)
- Why HTML?
- One document – two views
- Starting the simple word processor (WordPad, NotePad, or
TextEdit on a Mac)
- The four step process (see videos on class Web site):
- Basic Tags
- Structured Tags (lists and tables)
- Other things you want to know
- Continued next class
- Read Article 3: Goldilocks and TPACK
- Post responses to tonight's discussion about Article 2: Learning Connections to the appropriate forum on Moodle
- Practice technology skills (set up time to see me if necessary)
This page was prepared by: David M. Marcovitz, Ph.D.
Last updated: January 31, 2014