Agenda: Class 5 - Virtual
ET605 Introduction to Educational Technology
- Watch the video introduction to Class 5 or listen to the audio introduction to Class 5
- Audo and video use the same audio track
- Announcements and Questions
- First Learning Activity is due next class
- Projects are due 15 minutes after the beginning of class to
allow time for assembling the project. The project should be complete
when you arrive at class, but you can use the beginning of class to
collect all the pieces from each group member.
- All projects should be given to the instructor in electronic form via the Moodle Assignment
- Each project should include an index page that points to the files in the project.
- All written work should be typed in a word processor with numbered pages and one-inch margins (where that makes sense).
- Each project should include a cover sheet with a title for the project and the names of all members of the group.
- Each project must clearly list which technologies should be applied to the rubric so I know which technologies to grade.
- Each group member must hand in a group self evaluation form
(available as a link from the Learning Activity assignment). This can
be filled out and submitted electronically in the Moodle Assignment for
the Group Self Evaluation form. These forms are confidential.
- Group self-evaluation forms require a recent version of Adobe Reader.
- Read the assignment and the relevant rubrics before handing in the project.
- Project Presentation Schedule (you can present any one of your projects)
- Each group must present a project (one of the two learning activities you develop)
- Presentations are ungraded
- Presentations may either be brief descriptions of what you have
done (at least 20 minutes) or you may have the class participate in
part of your learning activity for about an hour
- The latter option will be more fun and interesting, but it will be harder to prepare
- Each member of your group must participate in the presentation in some way
- One or two groups will present in classes 6, 7, or 8
- Discuss this with your group and let me know (via email) your group’s preferences
- All email I receive by Monday at noon will be treated
equally; after that, slots for presentations will be on a
- Tip: send email as soon as possible
- Your choices for additional information about some Tech Resource
will take place in classes 6 and 7 (teams that will present are being
- Don’t forget that I am prepared to help you with anything you
need for this class. I can spend as long as you want talking about any
of the required technologies. Let me know what you need.
- Group Work Time
- By the end (if not the beginning) of your group meetings outside of class, you should have a
clear idea of what is needed in your learning activity and a rough
draft of most of the components. You should have a clear plan of
everyone’s responsibilities during the week so each group member will
arrive at class next week with his/her parts of the project complete.
- Your second learning activity is due two classes after the first, so you should have a good idea of what you will do for that
- Create something useful
- Have fun!
- Group Meetings
we are meeting virtually this week, I will not meet with groups so send
me a brief update on the questions from last week and any other questions you have
- Describe how this use of technology is going to make the lesson better than not using technology
- Describe your plans for assessment
- How will your learning activity promote higher-order thinking skills?
- Let me know if you need anything
- Learning Activity 1
- Keep up with technology skills (practice if necessary; set up time to see me if necessary)
This page was prepared by: David
M. Marcovitz, Ph.D.
Last updated: September 19, 2014