Agenda: Class 8
ET605 Introduction to Educational Technology
- Announcements and Questions
- First Learning Activity is due next class
- Projects are due 15 minutes after the beginning of class to
allow time for assembling the project. The project should be complete
when you arrive at class, but you can use the beginning of class to
collect all the pieces from each group member.
- All projects should be given to the instructor in electronic form via the Moodle Assignment
- Each project should include an index page that points to the files in the project.
- All written work should be typed in a word processor with numbered pages and one-inch margins (where that makes sense).
- Each project should include a cover sheet with a title for the project and the names of all members of the group.
- Each project must include a technology checklist so I know which technologies to grade.
- Each group member must hand in a group self evaluation form
(available as a link from the Learning Activity assignment). This can
be filled out and submitted electronically in the Moodle Assignment for
the Group Self Evaluation form. These forms are confidential.
- Read the assignment and the relevant rubrics before handing in the project.
- Project Presentation Schedule (you can present any one of your projects)
- Class 9
- Heather, Annie, Cecilia
- Mary Kate, Lisa, Tonya, Holli
- Yvonne, Kristyn, Teresa, Vicky
- Class 12
- Kate, Jenny, Bill
- Omri, Brandi, Amy
- Leah, Cate
- Web Sites Mentioned Last Class
- Don’t forget that I am prepared to help you with anything you
need for this class. I can spend as long as you want talking about any
of the required technologies. Let me know what you need.
- Article Discussion: Technology in Gifted Education
- Mini-Lesson: Wikis
- See Moodle for activity details
- Send me ideas for future mini-lessons you want to see
- Group Work Time
- By the end (if not the beginning) of class, you should have a
clear idea of what is needed in your learning activity and a rough
draft of most of the components. You should have a clear plan of
everyone’s responsibilities during the week so each group member will
arrive at class next week with his/her parts of the project complete.
- Your second learning activity is due three classes after the first, so you should have a good idea of what you will do for that
- Create something useful
- Have fun!
- Group Meetings
- Update on progress
- What do you need to be ready to hand in project next class?
- Learning Activity 1
- Read Article 8: Technology, Coaching, and Community
- Post responses to Article 7: Technology in Gifted Education
- Make progress on your projects
- Keep up with technology skills (practice if necessary; set up time to see me if necessary)
- Send general comments to the class list: email@example.com
This page was prepared by: David
M. Marcovitz, Ph.D.
Last updated: March 5, 2013