ET630 Agenda Class 1 PM
Return to ET630 Home Page.
- What's wrong with this site?
- How will your students know?
- Announcements and Questions
- Thanks to everyone for completing the survey
- Email blog address to class now
- Check out examples
of projects from previous semesters
- Good site for review of basic Internet concepts
- Class Summary Update
- Everyone must sign up
for a class summary slot
- ??? and ??? are doing the summary for today
- Don't forget you are required to comment on the class summary
before next class
- Introduction to Critical Information Literacy: The Case of "Black
- First Impressions
- The Five W's - http://kathyschrock.net/abceval/5ws.htm
- Find a partner and try to answer as many of the Five W's
as you can with respect to this site. How would a student with the Five
W's in hand evaluate this site.
- Report to the Class
- How to subscribe to blogs, podcasts, pages, etc.
- Locate several resources to which you might want to subscribe
(at least one related to Educational Technology)
- Internet Projects on the World Wide Web
- Time permitting: explore telecollaborative projects that might
- Create a blog account and email the address to the
class (if you haven't already)
- Link classmates' blogs to yours and subscribe to
their blogs with an RSS reader
- Try to post your first blog post about a Web 2.0 technology
(not required but strongly suggested)
- Read Peters, Chapters 1-3
- Read Bruce, "Credibility
of the Web" (PDF file, Adobe Acrobat Reader required)
- Read Marcovitz, Chapter 2, Critical Information Literacy
& Critical Information Literacy on Moodle
- Read Collier, "In
Praise of the Internet: Shifting Focus and Engaging Critical Thinking
- Read Marcovitz, Chapter 4, Telecollaborative Projects
- Marcovitz, Chapter 5, Web 2.0
- Read Harris, "Curriculum
This page was prepared by: David
M. Marcovitz, Ph.D.
Last updated: June 13, 2012
| School of