ET680 Class #4 - In Person
Announcements and Questions
Paper is due next class
- Planning Papers were returned electronically
- Funding Papers will be returned soon (probably end of next
- Registration for Summer started yesterday
- Next week, ET680 will not meet in person, but the cohort will
meet to discuss the internship (from 4:30 until about 6:30)
- Use blue or black ink
- Mark boxes with an X; do not fill in
- One person from each group should read article 1, one person
should read article 2, and one person should read article 3:
- Discuss the following in your group
- What is the problem?
- Is it overhyped?
- What should the school as a whole be doing about it?
- What should each teacher be doing about it?
- What are the special technology issues that need to be
- Share with the class what you discussed and specific
proposals for your school.
Time Is Short
Bring Your Own Device Policies
- Read: BYOD
Pilot Readying for Takeoff
- Divide into groups
- Group 1: Amy, Mandy, Cheryl, Stephanie
- Group 2: Mike, Teresa, Jess, Elizabeth
- Group 3: Ashley, Sarah, Matt, Liz
- Group 4: Sam, Lisa, Natalie
- Have members of your group peruse different articles from
Additional resources (below)
- Discuss in your groups:
- How would teaching and learning be different if you were in
a classroom where everyone had a device?
- What policies and procedures would need to be put in place?
- What staff development would be needed?
- What are the biggest concerns?
- What if cell phones/smart phones were added to the list?
- Report to the class and discuss
- Additional resources
- Hanover Public
School District, Hanover, PA
Intermediate School, Chatham, IL
School District, Ludlow, MA
Borough School District, PA
Independent School District, Allen, TX
School District, Hooksett, NH
- Finish Issue
Paper (hand in at end of Module 3)
- View Janet Johnston Internship and Discuss (see end of Module
- Register for Summer
Return to ET680 home page.
Send email to Dr. Marcovitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send email to the class (enrolled students only) at email@example.com.
Last updated: May 16, 2012