|Explore Baltimore: Hampdenfest
Shuttles will leave from Newman Towers
every 30 minutes starting at 1 pm
|Get to know Baltimore’s Hampden neighborhood! Hampdenfest is one of Baltimore’s biggest block parties with music, art performances, cook-offs, toilet races (you have to see it to believe it) and arts and crafts vendors and an abundance of great food and an engaging atmosphere, HampdenFest offers an abundance of Baltimore, Chesapeake Bay and local Hampden cuisine.
Shuttles to the festival will leave Newman Towers every half hour beginning at 1pm and will drop off at 37th & Chestnut in Hampden. The last shuttle will leave Hampden at 8pm to return to campus.
|Student Life Welcome Home Events
||3-9 pm in the residence halls
Welcome Home Greyhounds! You’ve moved in. You’ve started class. Let your Area RA staffs welcome you to your new neighborhood. All day long, Student Life will be hosting events in your area. Check out the itinerary below for when events are happening in your area and keep an eye out for more details from your RA:
• Campion: CAMPfest! (3 - 5 p.m.) – Get in the Bawlmer spirit with your fellow Campion Champions on a trip down to Hampdenfest, Hon. Prep for the trip with a building-wide scavenger hunt, snacks, giveaways. End the evening with s’mores in the back of Campion.
• Eastside: Harbor Eastside (4 - 6 p.m.) – Get to know your new neighbors, eat some snacks, and play some games at a boardwalk themed party.
• Newman: Welcome Home BBQ (5 - 7 p.m.) – It’s a good ole’ fashioned cookout on the Newman Volleyball Courts. Your RAs will be grilling up burgers. Bring your appetite and your favorite lawn game.
• Charleston: Charleston Block Party (5 - 7 p.m.) – Welcome to the only neighborhood with all four class years. Relax on the Seton, Lange, and Hopkins lawns with food, an obstacle course, a water balloon toss, and more. Bring your favorite lawn game or snacks to share.
• Gardens: Make S’Mores Friends! (6 - 8 p.m.) – Volleyball, food, prizes, and, of course, some s’mores.
• Hillside: Welcome Home Game Night! (7 - 9 p.m.) – Bring your competitive spirit for a Flannery, Butler, and Hammerman game night. Food, prizes, and fun!