Course Details and Requirements
Students must enroll in "GB/FI 769 - Global Finance and Management Issues Affecting the EU and Beyond" in order to be eligible to participate in the travel. The prerequisite for this course is successful completion of GB 703 by Spring 2017 or Summer I 2017.
This course satisfies the experiential elective for all students in the PMBA program and satisfies one of the electives required in the former MSF curriculum. For students in the MBA program concentrating in finance, international business, or management, this course also satisfies an elective requirement, thus enabling the student to take a free elective in the concentration area or in another discipline of the student’s choosing.
Students are required to attend all pre-trip classes, fulfill course requirements as required by the course syllabus, and attend all site visits.
The class dates (all at our Timonium Graduate Center) are:
- Monday, July 17, 2017, 6:30pm – 9pm
- Monday, July 31, 2017, 6:30pm – 9pm
- Monday, August 7, 2017, 6:30pm – 9pm
Travel is from Saturday, August 12, 2017 – Saturday, August 19th, 2017 (formal programming begins August 13th.)
The cost for the study tour will be approximately $2,250, which includes:
- Company visits and all required programming
- Hotels (double occupancy)
- Bus to Berlin
- Breakfast each day
- Welcome dinner; Dresden lunch; Farewell dinner
- Hotel internet
- City taxes
This fee does not include:
- Tuition for the three-credit MBA course (this will be collected with your Spring tuition)
- Other Meals
- Spending money
- Single room supplement (optional): $350
- Passport and visa (for non-US citizens)
- Health and travel insurance (optional)
- Exchange rate price fluctuation
- The price is subject to change due to currency fluctuations
- Equivalent substitutions may be made for company visits, hotels, and travel within country
- You will receive the airline itinerary for faculty accompanying students on the study tour. You are welcome to book airfare on the same flight; however, you are also welcome to extend your travel and travel on different flights, use frequent flyer miles, or travel on discount airlines. The only requirement is that you are in Prague, ready to begin our study tour at noon on Sunday, August 13th and you do not depart from the group until Saturday morning, August 19th.
How to Apply
The study tour is limited to approximately 15-20 participants. Individual places will be reserved in the order in which completed applications are received.
To reserve a spot, students must either (1) complete an online application or (2) download and email a completed application form to email@example.com with a cc: to Karyl Leggio, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be submitted beginning at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, February 1, 2017. Unfortunately, applications received before 9 a.m. will not be considered. Applications will be considered in the order in which they are received given applicants fulfill the eligibility requirements. All applicants will be notified by Monday, February 6, if your application has been accepted.
Study Tour participation is subject to the following deadlines:
- If your application is accepted, a deposit of $750 is due by Wednesday, February 15
- The balance of the $2250 is due in full by Saturday, April 1st .
- Tuition for the course will be collected with your spring tuition
- There will be no refunds of deposits and fees
No invoices or reminder notices will be sent.
These dates are subject to change with notice to participants.