Congratulations on your admission to Loyola University Maryland!
Our goal at the Student Health Center to provide you with access to quality healthcare and accurate information that will promote sound health decision making. For more information, please take a moment to view the Health Services Flyer (PDF).
In order to provide the most efficient medical care to our students, we require your primary care provider to complete the Immunization and Health History Form (PDF) prior to the start of the first semester. Please mail your completed form to the following address:
Student Health and Education Services
4502A N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21210
Pre-Entrance Health Requirements
Our immunization requirements follow the guidelines set by the American College Health Association and the Centers for Disease Control. Maryland law requires that all students living in campus housing receive meningococcal vaccine.
Please note- Failure to comply with the pre-entrance health requirements prior to your arrival on campus will block you from entering campus housing, prohibit you from adding or dropping classes, and interrupt your overall orientation.
Immunizations required of all students:
- Three doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine*
- Two doses of MMR Vaccine*
- Two Doses of Varicella Vaccine*
- Polio Immunization
- One Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (Tdap) within the past ten years
- (If last Tdap >10 years ago, student needs a either a Td or Tdap booster before coming to campus)
- Meningococcal vaccine - required by Maryland State law for all new students
- Vaccination is important for college students to reduce the risk for potentially fatal meningococcal disease. Studies have shown that college students who live in residence halls or dormitories have a slightly higher risk of meningococcal disease.
* Antibody blood titer tests will be accepted as proof of immunity in lieu of the above vaccinations. Please provide a copy of the lab results with your completed vaccination form