As a parent, you will have many meaningful conversations with your student regarding his/her career aspirations. Encourage your student, regardless of major or class year, to take full advantage of Loyola’s Career Center networking events, such as, the Maryland Career Consortium (MCC) Career Fair on Friday, Feb. 20 in Reitz Arena from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The fair offers your students the perfect chance to have face-to-face interactions with some of the top employers in the nation.
Why your student should attend the MCC Career Fair?
- Students can connect with 110+ employers – from a wide variety of inudstries - without leaving campus;
- Prime opportunity to network with employers, learn about their hiring needs and more about their organizations;
- Interactions with company representatives offer students the opportunity to hone and practice networking skills and continue to develop the self-confidence and assertiveness needed to succeed in a job search; and
- A chance to explore careers and positions your student may never have considered before.
How you can help prep your student:
- Review the list of employers attending prior to the fair and research the employment opportunities available;
- Dress the part and wear professional, conservative business attire;
- Bring plenty of resumes, free of errors, to hand out to employers;
- Prepare a “30 second” commercial or elevator pitch for the career fair;
- Attend the job-readiness workshops offered by The Career Center;
- Take advantage of special walk-in resume critique hours scheduled for February 16-19th; and
- Log on to The Career Center’s website for further preparation tips including the CareerSpots Video to help your student make the most positive impression with employers.
Employers gravitate to individuals who show initiative and prepare in advance for a career fair, so please encourage your students to work with The Career Center to prepare for the fair. Now is the time to dust off their best professional attire, brush up their resumes and take advantage of the amazing opportunity to network with these employers. For more information, students can contact The Career Center at 410-617-2232 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit The Career Center website.