Faculty, staff and students currently enrolled at Loyola University
or Notre Dame of Maryland University who wish to access the
Library's databases from off-campus need to log in using their
library barcode number and last name. Follow these instructions:
1. Go to the Library's homepage: www.loyola.edu/library.
2. Go to the database you wish to access. A screen will appear prompting you
for your library barcode number.
3. Log in with your last name (for hyphenated
or two-word names, do not use a hyphen or a space between
names) in the first field, and your
library barcode number (the 14-digit
number on your student/faculty/staff I.D. card beginning
with the numbers 2242) in the second field. If you do not have an I.D. card
or a barcode number, contact the Library Circulation Desk
at 410-617-6801. After you have entered your
last name and the full bar code number, click on Log In.
If you get the error message "that
username or password was incorrect; please try again," you
probably need to be re-entered into the library login system.
Please call the reference desk (410-617-6802) or the circulation
desk (410-617-6801) if you are unable to log in using your
last name and barcode. Library staff can provide you with
a temporary ID and barcode to use until you are fully entered
into the system.
1. Blackboard problem: If you
are going to the library homepage through blackboard, you
will need to right-click on a database link and choose "open
in new window." Your chosen database will open in its own
window, and you will have to close or minimize it in order
to return to the subject list page or the library main page.
Your other option is to exit out of blackboard and go to the
library homepage (www.loyola.edu/library/) in order to access
2. Error message:
An error message, possibly mentioning a problem with cookies, may
mean that the security settings on your computer are too high. In
order to access the Library's databases, you need to set your browser to accept
To change cookie settings in Internet
1. From the menu bar at the top
of the window, select Tools, then Internet Options.
2. Click on the third tab, marked Privacy.
3. Set the sliding security level bar to Low
or Accept All Cookies.
4. Click on the Apply button to activate your changes.
5. Click on OK to exit the menu.
6. Try logging in again using your library ID and password.
7. If the above steps don't work, repeat step 1, then go to the general
tab and click on browsing history, then delete cookies and delete temporary internet files. If you still can't log in,
contact the reference desk at x6802.
To change cookie settings in Netscape
1. From the menu bar at the top of the
window, select Edit, then Preferences.
2. Click on the little arrow next to Privacy and Security,
then click on Cookies.
3. Select the option "Allow cookies based on privacy
settings," then click on the View button next
to that option.
4. If your security level is set to High, change the
setting to Medium or Low.
5. Click on OK to activate your changes.
6. Click on OK to exit the menu.
7. Try logging in again using your library ID and password.
8. If the above steps don't work, repeat steps 1 and 2, then click on cookie
manager, then delete any cookies held for the page you are trying to load (or
click delete all cookies). If you still can't log in,
contact the reference desk at x6802.
To change cookie settings in Firefox 2.0:
1. Go to tools in the menu bar
2. Go to options
3. Click on privacy tab
4. Check accept cookies
5. Click on show cookies
6. Remove all cookies (then close)
3. Pop-up Blocker: You need to turn off your pop-up blocker (if you have one) for certain databases, such as
Mental Measurements Yearbook and Philosopher's Index. Check your browser and your toolbar add-ons (e.g. Yahoo) for a pop-up
blocker and disable it before trying again.
If you still have
problems, or you need help changing your settings, please call
the Reference desk at 410-617-6802.