Loyola · Notre Dame Library
Books Quick from MIC
The Loyola/Notre Dame Library is a participating member of the Maryland Interlibrary Consortium (MIC). Our partner libraries include The Beneficial-Hodson Library at Hood, Stevenson University Library, and the Washington Adventist University Weis Library. Loyola and Notre Dame students, faculty, and staff have borrowing privileges at each of these libraries and can place online requests for their books. Faculty may request media items. During the academic year, a courier will deliver your books to Loyola/Notre Dame Library within 24 hours if you place your request between Monday and Thursday. Friday and weekend requests will be filled the following Monday. The courier makes less frequent runs during summer sessions.
Books from our consortium partner libraries circulate for 28 days for students and staff and 120 days for faculty.
To borrow an item from a MIC Library:
- Find the book you want in the SHARC catalog.
- Click on the book title to view the full record.
- Note the book's location at the bottom of the record.
- If the book is at Hood, Stevenson University, or Washington Adventist University proceed with the next step.
- Click the request button on the top menu bar.
- Type in your library barcode and last name. Click login.
- Select: Borrow an item found in the catalog. Click OK,
- The borrow screen will appear. Select a pick up location.
- Enter your barcode.
- Click Submit Request. You will be notified by phone when the book is available for pick up at your chosen location.