Loyola · Notre Dame Library
Interlibrary Loan (Illiad) / Document Delivery
Interlibrary Loan Services provides Loyola and Notre Dame students, faculty and staff access to materials not owned by the Loyola/Notre Dame Library. To request an item through Interlibrary Loan, you must first register with the library's ILLiad system. Before placing an interlibrary loan request for a book, please search the SHARC online catalog, which in addition to the holdings of the Loyola/Notre Dame Library, includes the holdings of Hood College, Mount Saint Mary's University, Stevenson University, and Washington Adventist University. If a book is needed from one of these partner libraries, please see the instructions titled Books Quick from MIC. Books not found in the LNDL online catalog need to be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
Before placing an interlibrary loan request for a journal article, please consult the LNDL Journal Locator to determine if we have the journal you need. Journal articles that are not at Loyola/Notre Dame need to be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
General Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Policies
- Only Loyola University and Notre Dame of Maryland University faculty, staff, and currently-enrolled students may use ILL
- There is no charge for ILL services and any journal content you receive you may keep
- We do not order textbooks
- It usually takes from 10 days to two weeks for requested books to arrive at LNDL
- Journal articles are usually delivered electronically within 3 to 5 days
- Patrons will be notified by email when the material arrives
- ILL books may be renewed by emailing or calling the ILL office