Loyola · Notre Dame Library
Digitizing Videos for Use in Moodle
Faculty members from Loyola and Notre Dame may request that eligible videos or video clips be digitized for use in Moodle. Digital Services will digitize your video, place it on the library's server, and then provide you with a link to the video which you may add to your Moodle course.
Which videos can be digitized?
- Entire videos or video clips you have personally created.
- Entire videos or video clips you own the copyright to.
- Entire videos or video clips produced and distributed by educational media vendors for which the library is able to purchase digital rights. Educational media vendors include but are not limited to vendors such as PBS, Films Media Group, and Films for the Humanities.
- Video clips from films that digital rights for which digital rights are not able to be acquired.
Which videos can not be digitized?
- Entire videos produced and distributed by major studios and distributors. This includes videos with theatrical release. Small clips from these films may be used under fair use provisions. Contact Danielle Whren-Johnson in the Digital Services department for additional information.
How long will it take to have my video digitized?
- The timeframe for video digitization is approximately one week. This timeframe may vary depending on the time of the semester and how many other prior digitization requests have been received. It is always best to provide the Digital Services department as much lead time as possible. Rush requests will be taken into consideration but are not guaranteed.
How can I request digitization of a video?
- Fill out the Video Digitization Request Form or
- Contact Danielle Whren-Johnson at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 410-617-6872
Are streaming videos of events at Loyola University recorded by Event Services available?
- Yes, the Library attempts to digitize all events recorded by Loyola's Event Services. A database of previously digitized event recordings is available here. The Library does not always automatically receive copies of every event, so if the event you are looking for is not listed in the database please contact Danielle Whren-Johnson at email@example.com or 410-617-6872 to have it added.