Mission and Strategic
Library: Assessment Approach
- Review each goal, objective and strategy for appropriate assessment.
- Determine if assessment will be checkmarked or quantitative/qualitative
- Target constituencies when using surveys.
Strategic Plan will be reviewed every six months in the first
three years for progress.
- Review for goal progress.
- Determine if resources are needed.
- Adjust goal or objective if conditions indicate.
- Analysis will be data driven.
Develop an in-house cross-cutting instrument.
- Apply periodic or longitudinal as appropriate.
- Consider an absolute threshold if goals or objectives merit this approach.
Assessment will be applied to:
- Information literacy.
- Usability and services.
- Reasons why students or faculty do not use the library.